Thursday, December 18, 2008

Busy Week in Review

Study, Study & Panic?
Less than eight weeks out already, could it be that soon? Alas it is, but I have a plan... Not to be confused with having a flag. Also on a better note, I have been reviewing CCIE Dreamer's blog and glad that I am not the only person who has decided to go down the SP path after already having R&S knocked out.

A word on Support, and I don't mean the TAC...
For those of you who are done with all forms of school and are not married, I don't want to hear a peep from you about not having enough time to study. For those of us who are married/decided to go back to school/raising kids or otherwise have family commitments will understand my jubilation at my next remark. My wife has agreed to me becoming the invisible husband for the next two months. I told friends after I passed the R&S and it will be so this time as well, while it is possible to accomplish a CCIE of any track without support from work, I have yet to see a married man or woman who did not have some support from their spouse in accomplishing getting their digits. That being said, I know several people working on getting either their first or additional IE's and each has said the same thing independently, so there has to be some level of truth to it.

Back to the Plan...
I see it as having about five good weekends in addition to evening studies to get the inconsistencies corrected in my mental database. I think that I am about at the 1st Normalized form now.

1 comment:

The Ferret said...

You are right about that one. No support from family no chance of CCIE. I am struggling to get any studying done with two young kids.

The people who try get their CCIE before they get a family are the smart ones though.